Goliath is one of the fastest growing toy companies in America, and the US subsidiary of one of Europe’s largest independent toy companies. In 2014, we acquired one of the US’s oldest and most-respected game companies, Pressman Toy Corp. Our top-selling products include Rummikub, Mastermind, Triominos, Pop the Pig, Doggie Doo, and Domino Rally. We are a small, tightly-knit team based in Plano, Texas focused on delivering superior, high-quality, fun products. We are currently looking for someone on a full-time basis. So, if you like great toys and games, and you’d like to spend your days helping us make sure that consumers and retailers know about our products and want to buy them, this could be your dream job.
The Public Relations Marketing Specialist creates and executes PR strategies for Goliath as a means of growing visibility, interaction, and awareness of the brand. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and develops and coordinates PR, media relations, and digital media activities.
We are looking for a super-smart, ambitious, analytical and creative self-starter. This position requires a proven track record of establishing and maintaining media relationships with local and national news, both within and outside the game and toy industry, and sustain a media database. Attention to detail, organization, and effective communication are vital to this role.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, this position will also be responsible for assisting trade show efforts including: planning, organizing, and execution. Attendance at these trade shows throughout the year will include weekdays and weekends and you will be one of our most important brand ambassadors for the company to consumers and distributors.
- Coordinates and develops all content for public relations campaigns. Is responsible for pitching story ideas on behalf of Goliath to traditional media outlets, as well as sharing those stories and content via digital and social channels.
- Develops meaningful, dependable relationships with national and local media as well as national and local bloggers, positioning Goliath as a leader in the toy industry.
- Keeps track of media coverage and develops reports for Director of Marketing.
- Maintains online editorial calendar and integrates tactics with other communications and marketing initiatives.
- Assists with various copywriting assignments including email marketing campaigns and all copy intended for website or other online channels.
- Develop press materials and messaging to effectively tell the Goliath story and build brand awareness around products.
- Collaborate with Marketing team on ideation and strategy for digital and influencer marketing.
- Work closely with Marketing team to research and identify key influencers and bloggers and build relationships to increase visibility of products.
- Create online content including social media posts, blog posts, and press releases.
- Assist in managing all social media pages daily.
- Assist in tradeshow planning and execute full show development from start to finish.
- Responsible for a variety of duties that involve pre and post event coordination, onsite event support, and follow-up.
- Coordination of trade show activities including registration and logistics, ordering and shipping of assets for display, setup and teardown.
- Assist in the creation and production of event signage, collateral, and promotional items.
- Support other key marketing efforts as needed. Perform any other duties as required or assigned.
- College major in Marketing, Communications, PR or relevant experience.
- Mix of agency and corporate public relations experience highly preferred.
- Experience in Communications, Copywriting/Blogging, and Event Coordination.
- Enthusiastic about PR and able to have fun while working hard.
- Proficient in AP Style, Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of media relations monitoring and management platforms (Cision, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of social media monitoring tools and metrics (Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other emerging social media platforms.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Knowledge of any additional graphic and design related programs.
- Ability to create and submit press releases, articles, and news stories and share content via traditional, social, and digital media sources.
- Experience in and excellent track record of pitching national and local media and securing placements.
- A resourceful self-starter with a strong collaborative work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple, time-sensitive, deadline-driven projects.
- A sense of humor and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player who can be accountable and flexible.
- Extreme attention to detail and professionalism.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Established media contacts in the toy industry desired.
- Experience in graphic design (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop) is desired.
- Travel 20% + weekends.
- Other duties as needed.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
- We share a strong work ethic and desire for team accomplishment.
- We realize that everyone has families and we try to accommodate needs whenever possible.
- On days in August when we have blizzards in Plano everyone dresses formally; otherwise we are casual.
- We usually don’t turn off our “work brains” when we leave the office and occasionally need to follow up on something after hours.
- You’ll need to be able to fit in with a smart, hard-working, talented group of people who remember that we’re making fun products for kids and families.
- The job is based in our Plano office — working from home or telecommuting is not an option.
Benefits and the Fine Print:
- We are an equal opportunity employment company.
- We offer health insurance, a company-match 401K program, and a paid holiday and vacation program.
Interested? Send us your resume and a “Goliath-specific” cover letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this position and include your salary requirements. Please understand that resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be read. All submissions may be sent to email@example.com.
Absolutely NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS please.
Job Type: Full Time